What You do
You travel to the orphanage homes.
- You do construction and other service projects in the mornings, improving the family-style orphanages and their communities (no previous skills required).
- You play hard with the kids in the afternoons, bringing fun and joy, letting them know people care about them.
What We Do
We make it easy to serve.
- We evaluate orphanages, find honest and kind directors, and get everything ready for service trips.
- We recruit awesome volunteers like you to help.
- We work to provide long-term funding to the orphanages so they can give a loving, safe, and stable environment to vulnerable children.
“Painting murals and window trim at Casa de Paz orphanage in El Porvenir, Baja, Mexico. Usually we’re laying block or tile or building beds to make the dorms move-in ready for the kiddos, so I wondered if my efforts at artistic painting were worthwhile. Then, one of the little girls who lives in this dorm walked in, took a look at her newly pink walls with murals of flowers and sunshine, and a huge grin spread across her face. She excitedly looked at her friend, saying something in Spanish, and grabbing people to pose for a photo in front of the art. After nine years of doing these trips, it finally hit me that we’re not just constructing houses for children– we’re building their homes.”
Learn more about our cancellation policy! Click here to read details for our volunteer cancellation policy and our trip cancellation policy.
Open to everyone of all ages. These trips are great for families and individuals. Spots are given on a first come first serve basis.
Create a trip for your friends, family, school, church group, etc. Or, register for a trip you’ve been invited to.
All adults 18+ are subject to a background check prior to their service trip.
All minors must have a designated adult or legal guardian on their trip.
Note: The price of service trips will increase for 2023 and beyond in order to account for the rise in inflation and subsequent trip costs (construction materials, food, goods and services)
Wondering what it's like to go on a service trip?
Check out the experiences of other volunteers on Instagram!
Trip Cancellation Policy
If You Cancel Your Registration
From the time a volunteer registers for a trip until two weeks* before the trip begins, the following cancellation terms apply:
- The $100 per person deposit is nonrefundable
- Volunteer can request a refund of the remaining trip payment (not the deposit) or donate it OR
- Volunteer can apply the entire trip payment to a future trip.
- IF they already know which trip, it can be applied automatically to that trip.
- IF they don’t know which trip yet, the credit can be reserved for up to 12 months while they decide. We will email them monthly to remind them about their credit.
*Once a trip is two weeks away, the entire trip payment is no longer eligible for refund or transfer. Special circumstances may be considered and may be subject to an additional fee.
If we Cancel a Trip
If A Child’s Hope Foundation cancels a trip for any reason, volunteers have three options for their trip payment:
- Select a future trip within 1 year of cancellation and payment will be transferred to that trip- if a trip is not selected within 1 year, paid fees will be reallocated as a donation to ACHF.
- Donate trip payment, or a portion, to the orphanage-specific healthcare fund
- Receive a full refund including deposit